2012 Local Flu Shot Clinics
Sponsored by Suburban Hospital
Vaccination is the best protection against the flu. Stop by one of these clinics to get your shot. No appointment is necessary:
Thursday, October 4 | 11am - 1pm
Thursday, October 11 | 11am - 1pm
In front of the Bethesda Regional Service Center | 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda
Saturday, October 6 | Noon - 3pm
Back to Bethesda | Look for the Suburban Hospital Table
Tuesday, October 16 | 9-10am
Tuesday, October 16 | 6-7pm
YMCA Bethesda-Chevy Chase | 9401 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda
Information to note:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Cost of flu shot is $25.
- The hospital is not billing Medicare/Medicaid this year.
- Cash, check and major credit cards are accepted.
- Receipts will be available for insurance purposes.
- The flu vaccine we are offering in the community for ages 18-64 is intradermal. The new formulation of Fluzone Intradermal vaccine is the first influenza vaccine licensed in the U.S. that uses a novel microinjection system for intradermal delivery. Fluzone Intradermal vaccine features an ultra-fine needle that is 90 percent shorter than the typical needle used for intramuscular injection of influenza vaccine. Learn more here.
- The vaccine is also thimerisol free.
Thimerisol is a mercury-based preservative that has been used for decades in the United States in multi-dose vials (vials containing more than one dose) of some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs, bacteria and fungi, that can contaminate them.
To learn more about the seasonal flu, visit cdc.gov/flu
Questions? Call 301-896-6508.